Friday, December 31, 2010

Five butterflies

I wanted to end the year with a card that I loved. Ever since I saw this card on Tina's photostream and on Hero arts blog, I’ve wanted to CASE it.

But I had no heat gun then, no white embossing powders, no background stamps and no butterfly stamps either. Then as the year progressed, I ordered my heat gun.. I managed to get a printout of butterflies. And in Dec, I finally got my white EP. So everything fell into place.

But this card didn’t come easy. It had its share of goof-ups. . On my first attempt at embossing with white EP, I managed to blow half the powder around my table. I decided to re-do it.

2nd attempt.
And in the process figured out my mistakes.  I used a foam pad underneath my work surface to get good even print (which I didn’t do before), poured generous amount of powder and held the heat gun to the side while it heated and the held it vertically over my image, rather than on a slant which seemed to blow all the powder away! Well the results speak for themselves.

Ok, enough of the rambling, feast your eyes on this!!


The cloudy weather did not let me get a good photo..but this is the best I could get.  Here's a closeup of the coloring, I wanted a stained glass effect..do you think it does justice?


I wished I could have given this card or the butterflies more dimension. I wasn’t sure my sheer ribbon would hold on to the foam tape, so ended up using glue dots. 
But as I sit here on the last day of  the year, I love looking at this card on my desk…Have a happy happy new year!!

9 comments:

  1. this is sooo pretty!!loved your fab butterflies,and embossing is gr8,thanx for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Tejal!! Love the embossing and the colors!

    Happy New Year to you too..

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got hold of my gun and that tip will be really helpful thanks!!! ANd a happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and the thank you for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hard work was worth it .. this is beautiful!! So colorful and bright!! I have heard of crafters heating their embossing powder by putting the heat gun "under" the cardstock with the powder on it. That prevents any "blow away". I have tried it in the past and it definately works but find it rather awkward but you might want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, love the butterflies and the colors, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/01/pixie-dust-paperie-january-kit-my-funky.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely pretty Tejal!! Even I am trying my hands at embossing these days but havent received the results as expected and mine is not even close to yours.

    Your butterflies are always beautiful!!

    P.S. Where did u buy the heat gun from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is just amazing, Tejal! Your embossing is wonderful and I LOVE your butterflies. It's nice to create something for ourselves and to enjoy looking at them every day, isn't it? :) Happy New Year to you and your family, Tejal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...